Peninsula, OH – Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad (CVSR) is announcing a revised schedule for the Canton to Akron service for the remainder of August 2012.
Trains will now depart the Canton Lincoln Highway Station just on Fridays and Saturdays, effective August 10, 2012. Up until this weekend, service was offered Wednesdays through Sundays.
Canton Akron Flyer
- Acme FreshMarket Family Day, offering a reduced ticket price of $10 for everyone, will now be offered every Friday in August.
- That special rate is a $7 savings on adult tickets, $2 on children’s tickets. The special offer had previously been offered on Wednesdays.
- Service between Canton and Akron is offered the months of June, July and August.
- Excursions are available departing the Canton Lincoln Highway Station, located at 1315 Tuscarawas Street in downtown Canton.
- Passengers can choose to stay on board for a three hour round-trip, or they can get off when the train arrives in Akron to visit the Akron Zoo or Art Museum.
- There also is the availability to change trains in Akron, and continue north into Cuyahoga Valley National Park to explore for the afternoon.
Passengers also can board at the Akron Northside Station, located at 27 Ridge Street, just north of downtown, and travel to Canton and spend the afternoon visiting one of the city’s great attractions: the Pro Football Hall of Fame, First Ladies Library, McKinley Monument and Museum, Canton Classic Car Museum, Canton Museum of Art or the Joseph Saxton Photography Gallery. Admission into the attractions is additional. SARTA, Stark Country Regional Transit Authority, provides a Downtown Loop service during the summer months that public and train passengers can use to get around town to the different attractions.
Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2012, provides transportation to and within Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP) under a joint operating agreement and is dedicated to the preservation of passenger rail transportation in Cuyahoga Valley and along the historic Ohio & Erie Canalway.
CVSR is a private sector, not-for-profit 501 c (3) volunteer supported organization. The railroad serves 200,000 passengers annually and has a $3 million operating budget.
Scenic train excursions are offered twelve months of the year, along with a variety of special events, including The Polar Express™, Steam in the Valley, wine-tasting and beer tasting excursions, Bike Aboard!, and more.
Tickets for all of the excursions can be purchased on-line at www.CVSR.com