Brandywine Falls

8176 Brandywine Road
Sagamore Hills, OH, 44067

At 65 feet, Brandywine Falls is the largest in Cuyahoga Valley National Park. In 1814, George Wallace built a saw mill powered by the falls. Over the next decade, the bustling Village of Brandywine grew around the falls and added a distillery, grist and woolen mills and a dozen houses. Eventually, Brandywine's prosperity declined as the Ohio & Erie Canal and later railroads shifted commerce elsewhere. Today, visitors to the falls can reflect on how nature can shape the growth of human communities.

  • Select a Section

  • Select Types