Lock 2 - Clinton

North of Clinton off North Street
Clinton, OH, 44216

Lock 2 had a beautiful stone spillway, a wasteway channel to protect the lock and a basin where boats could tie up. In 1847, it was the site of a coal loading operation the Old Messenger Coal Slip, which carried coal from Rogues Hollow that was loaded directly onto 7 to 8 boats a day.

  • Select a Section

  • Select Types