11001 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH, 44106
Regarded by many music-lovers as one of the world's most beautiful concert halls, Severance Hall opened in 1931 as the home of The Cleveland Orchestra. The building’s architectural significance has been recognized by local and national preservation societies, including the Cleveland Landmarks Commission and the National Register of Historic Places, and Severance Hall is a recipient of the Honor Award by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. A $36-million restoration and expansion of Severance Hall was completed in January 2000. Severance Hall serves as the home of The Cleveland Orchestra for concerts, rehearsals, and administration. The building is also rented by a variety of local organizations and private citizens for performances, meetings, and gala events.