714 N. Portage Path
Akron, Ohio, 44303
Grounds open daily, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; Closed Jan., Feb. and March. Winter Hours: Tues.-Sat., 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sun., 1-4 p.m.; April 1-Jan. 4: Mon.-Sun., 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Completed in 1915, Stan Hywet Hall was built for the family of F.A. Seiberling, co-founder of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. It was named Stan Hywet, Old English for stone quarry, after the property’s most prominent natural feature. The Manor House is one of the finest examples of Tudor Revival architecture in America, and the sixth largest home open to the public.
Three Canalway Quests are available on the grounds and geocaching is another popular activity.
The Seiberling family lived at Stan Hywet for 40 years. In 1957, Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens opened as a house museum and country estate. Above the Manor House entryway, the crest bearing the motto Non Nobis Solum (Not for Us Alone), welcomes guests as warmly today to its historic home and landscaped gardens as it did almost a century ago.