11350 Broadway Ave
Garfield Heights , OH , 44125
The park features a surprising array of wildlife diversity and recreational opportunities. Garfield Park’s history dates back to 1894, when the city of Cleveland purchased three farms to create Newburgh Park. Later renamed Garfield Park, it benefitted from New Deal Era building projects such as roads and stone bridges in the 1930’s. It was leased to Cleveland Metroparks in 1986 and became Garfield Park Reservation. The reservation includes grills, picnic shelters and forest trails. The old lake beds have been reclaimed by nature and are managed as green space for wildlife. The rich deep woodlands support a host of songbirds throughout the year.