123 High St.
Navarre , OH , 44662
The Mathews House in an early example of Greek Revival Architecture in Navarre. The home is a brick common bond with brick lintels and sils. The entablature is plain in the Tuscan Order with an enlarged frieze and architrave. The original door entrance had a transom above with large slanting pilasters at each side. The plain frontispace above the door carried out the trimwork of the plain entabliture of the roof line.
The land upon the Mathews Home is located once belonged to Jonathan Condy, a Philadelphia lawyer, Clerk of the House of Representatives from 1791-1800, and a friend of 'Johnny Appleseed'- both belonging to the same religious group.