Garfield Park Blvd.
Cleveland , Ohio , 44105
Mill Creek Falls is an awesome 48-foot waterfall, the tallest in Cuyahoga County. Surrounded by industry and housing, it was virtually unknown, until the area was acquired by Cleveland Metroparks, improved and opened to the public in 2002. Mill Creek Falls powered the first grist mills in Northeast Ohio (built in 1799) enabling the early settlements and growth of the village of Newburgh. It wasn't until the Ohio & Erie Canal opened in 1827 that the population of Cleveland outpaced Newburgh. Later this area was the site of the first steel mill in the county. The Mill Creek Falls History Center, located in the Historic Briila House, is located close to the Falls.