7866 Main St.
Clinton , OH , 44216
Please call for hours of operation.
An altered Greek revival, this was one of the finest homes of its time in the Village of Clinton. Prior to 1860, it was owned by Harvey Maranville, a prominent official on the Underground Railroad along with Masa Wales of Massillon.
It is listed as a SUMMIT COUNTY UGRR site. In 1874 it was purchased by Pearson Washington Rhoads, a Civil War Veteran and his wife, Sara Jane Foltz, a schoolteacher at the “Old Stone” school.
They made several Colonial Revival updates to the home, including literally “raising the roof” and built the Carriage House to the rear of the property. Here, in the tiny part of the original home, they raised eight fine children.